Friday, 4 April 2014

Shabby Birthday Card

 This is an 8" x 8" card using paper from the Bird Song collection by First edition.

I started by inking around the edge of the top card to soften the edges and stamped the images. I then tore the aperture and rolled the sides back as shown, the edges of the aperture have been left rough. I glued the top card to the base card before decorating. The dress form was die cut from plain black card which I've embossed in silver. The feathers are marabou which I glued to form the skirt before finishing the waist with a piece of ribbon.
 I cut the flowers from a linen effect paper and inked the edges to soften and added a pink pearl to the centres to finish before adding the Happy Birthday tag.

Flowers  inked around edges
Linen Look Paper


Card Insert created in
 Serif Craft Artist


I mounted the finished card onto an 8" x 8" base and made a box for the envelope. An easy card to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment